Today I received the honor of being nominated for the Liebster Award by geelayo. Her exquisite and calculated use of language not only warrants my following, but a wish to nominate her for this award myself. Her work is beautiful and succinct, I urge you to visit her blog to unravel her beauty with words.
The Liebster award is an award given to bloggers by bloggers. Its existence is solely on the internet. The word Liebster is of German origin and means, sweetest, nicest, welcome, beloved, kind, pleasant, lovely, and valued.
A part of being nominated is the answering of several hand picked questions…
1. What’s the one thing that you love about yourself?
– I love my uncanny ability to understand and feel the emotions of others. This ability exists much farther than just empathizing with another, it extends itself to understanding often things that never have the chance of being spoken into existence.
2. What was your first blog post?
-My first blog post is quite dear to me: It is called When Pink is No Longer. This piece is part of a collection of poetry called Leaving Pink Behind. It was written in my creative writing class when I was only a college sophomore. I took the class to gain an advancement of my fictional story skills. Ironically, I dreaded the upcoming poetry portion of the class. This was the first piece of poetry I shared with an audience. This was also the first piece of work that showed me that we all have poets embedded inside ourselves.
3. What would you say to potential blog starters?
-Create and share content that inspires you. Everything else will fall into place.
4. List 3-5 of your most favourite songs.
-Such a tough question! My favorite songs are entirely dynamic, often changing with seasons, life events, moods…My taste in music falls along the Indie Rock spectrum. As of now here are my top picks in no particular order.
- Better Love by Hozier
- Kisser by Step Rockets
- Sound and Color by Alabama Shakes
- Electric Feel by MGMT
- Bridge Burn by Little Comets
5. When you have a writer’s block, what do you do to work it out?
-When I have writers block I never force it. I listen to my mind and give it the break it needs. I step away from the pen and paper and fill myself with inspiring endeavors. In this moment i usually take the time to read favorite authors and watch films. When creativity is ready you will know.
6. What is your favourite dish?
-Another tough questions! Just as with music, my taste preferences are ever changing. Being Nigerian American one can never go wrong with supplying plentiful fried plantains, and rice and red stew.
7. What do you love about writing?
-I love being able to express whatever emotion/opinion I have without immediate judgment. One can tell the paper all their deepest darkest secrets without reproach.
8. What movies would you not mind watching again?
-There are so many! As a 90’s child Disney Renaissance films will always have a place in my heart, especially The Lion King. Other favorites include, The Curious Case of Benjamin Button, Anna Karenina, The Joy Luck Club, and Her.
9. What animal would you keep as a pet?
-A black cat, sorry not so interesting here!
10. What do you think of robots?
-I think robots hold great use in our society. I do advocate for keeping robots just that, robots.The closer we make robots to man the greater chances robots will also behold many of man’s vices.
As with anything, here are the following rules:
If you have been nominated for The Liebster Award, and you choose to accept it, write a blog post about the Liebster award in which you:
1. Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog.
2. Display the award on your blog.
3. Answer the questions provided by the person who nominated you.
4. Nominate 5-11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have less than 1000 followers. You can always ask the blog owner this since not all blogs display a widget that let readers know this information.
5. Create a new list of questions for the bloggers to answer.
6. List these rules in your post. Once you have written and published it, you then have to:
7. Inform the people/blogs that you nominated them for The Liebster Award, and provide a link for them to your post so that they can learn about it.
I choose to nominate the following incredible bloggers. Each blog was nominated for different reasons, but each hold great content nonetheless. Visit their blogs to learn more.
And now ten questions for my nominees.
1. What inspired you to begin blogging?
2. What was one thing you found difficult to write/blog about that you eventually overcame?
3. What advice would you give the 13 year old you?
4. If you could be any color, what would you be and why?
5. If you had to give your life a title, what would it be?
6. What is one aspect of yourself that you would like to change?
7. What is your favorite genre of music? What genre of music do you hate?
8. What is one quality you look for in a significant other?
9. If there had to be one universal truth, what would it be?
10. Who or what is your favorite poet/poem and why?
I look forward in reading your responses.